REPORT ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROVISSIONS OF RTI ACT, 2005
FOR THE YEAR 2014 – 2015
I. PERTICULARS OF REPORTING PUBLIC AUTHORITY :
- Name of the office : Directorate of Prisons, Aizawl
- Number of Gazetted officers : 12 (Twelve) Nos.
- Names of Public Sector undertakings,
Boards, Council etc. under the office : NIL
- Names of NGOs assisted by the Department : NIL
II. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROVISIONS OF SECTION 4 OF RTI ACT:
- Whether all the records are duly catalogued and indexed by the office? If not reason may furnished?
- Whether information Hand Book under RTI Act as required by Sec 4(1)(b) in the prescribed template has been prepared by the office? If not reason be given?
- Whether all relevant facts relating to formulation of important policies have been published by the department/office as required under sec,4(1)9(b) ?
- Whether suo moto information has been provided to the public at regular intervals as required by Sec 4(2)?
- Whether every information in the department/office has been widely disseminated as required by Sec 4(3)?
- Whether information in the department/office has been made accessible to SPIO concerned as required by Sec. 4(4)?
III. IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 5:
- How many SPIOs have been designated in the office? If not why?
= 1 (One)
- How many SAPIOs have been appointed in the office? If not why?
= 9 (Seven)
- How many DAAs have been appointed in the office? If not why?
= 1 (One)
- When were these designation made? Kindly enclosed a copy of such orders.
- Whether any assistance of any other officer has been sought by SPIO? If so, in how many cases?
IV. IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 6:
- No. of applications received in the office.
= 8 (Eight) Nos.
- How many applications had been assisted by the SPIO to reduce an application in writing under Sec. 6(1)(b) ?
- How many applications have been referred to another PA/Office for providing information?
- Amount of application fees received. Were these deposited to the Government?
= Rs 20/- (Rupees twenty) Yes.
V. IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 7 :
- How many applications were decided within the prescribed time limit?
= 8 (Eight)
- How many applications were received concerning the life or liberty of a person?
= 3 (Three)
- Whether applications concerning the life or liberty of a person were decided within a period of 48 hours from time of receipt of the application?
- How many applicants failed to make payment of cost of providing the information? State the amount?
= 1 (One) Rs 10/- (Rupees Ten)
- Amount of fees collected for the provision of such information during the reported period.
= Rs. 20/- (Rupees twenty) The other five application are received by transferred.
VI. IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 25 :
- What are the recommendations if any for compliance of the Provision of the RTI Act by the Office?
= The Prisons Department nature of work is mainly concentrated on Reformation for treatment of offenders to assimilating back into mainstream of the society. Hence, there is little scope of inter acting with the public. As such, compliance of the provision of the RTI Act may appear as mediocrity.
VII. IMPLEMENTATION OF SECTION 26 :
- What are the departmental and organizational programmers’ conducted by the office in respect of exercise of the RTI as contemplated under Sec. 26(1)(a) ?
= The SPIO and SAPIO’s are attending regularly when training for effective implementation level for acquiring educational programmed in making better understanding as how to exercise the right contemplated under Sec. 26(1)(a) for the public.
- What actions were taken by the office to encourage PA’s in the development organization of such programme as mentioned above?
= By instructing to attend training of RTI Act for the Public Authority for effective tool for the implementation of the RTI Act.
- What were the actions taken by the office to promote the Act?
= As Sl. No. 1) and 2) above.